SAVE THE DATE
2018 Traffic Safety Conference
April 24-26, 2018
Three Rivers Convention Center
7016 W. Grandridge Blvd.
Kennewick, WA 99336
Questions, contact Mandie Dell, firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Traffic Safety Conference Call for Presentations
The Washington Traffic Safety Commission (WTSC) is pleased to announce its Call for Presentations for the 2018 Washington Traffic Safety Conference. You are invited to submit a presentation proposal for a breakout session that addresses important issues involving traffic safety.
Why Present at the 2018 Traffic Safety Conference?
- Be part of a collective effort that is saving lives and reducing serious injuries on our state roadways.
- Educate the attendees on your unique traffic safety program/project.
- Collaborate with many experts in the traffic safety field.
- Receive recognition for and feedback about your practice or programs.
- Expand your professional portfolio.
- It’s an amazing professional development opportunity.
Who will attend the Conference — who’s the target audience?
- Traffic Safety Engineers
- Traffic Safety/Driver Training Educators
- Traffic Safety Behavioral Experts
- Driver Licensing Specialists
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Emergency Medical Services Staff
- Health Care Providers
- Judicial Professionals/Prosecutors
- Probation Officers
- Pedestrian/Bicyclist Groups
- Many others who care about traffic safety
- May 31, 2017: Deadline for submission of Proposals
- July 15, 2017: Presenters will be notified about proposal selections
- September 31, 2017: Presenters will be notified when their sessions are scheduled
- April 24 – 26, 2018: WTSC Traffic Safety Conference
Criteria for Presentations:
- No fees are required to submit a proposal.
- Your presentation must be educational and informative in nature; sales presentations will not be accepted.
- The presentation must be no longer than 20 minutes. (We plan on grouping “like” segments for inclusion in longer breakout sessions.)
- Proposals and presentations must be in English.
- All proposals must be submitted through the WTSC website at http://wtsc.wa.gov/2018-traffic-safety-conference-call-for-presentations.
Selection of Proposals:
Your presentation proposal will be selected based on:
- Overall quality
- Relevance to traffic safety and/or the Target Zero® Strategic Highway Safety Plan
- Timeliness of the topic, with a well-defined focus on current and emerging issues, best practices, and the challenges facing traffic safety professionals
- Practical applications of Target Zero strategies or countermeasures
- Qualified presenters with expertise in the subject matter
- Engaging program format that involves the audience and stimulates discussion.
Tips for Submitting Proposals:
- Be clear. Write your proposal so it helps the WTSC Conference Planning Committee understand why your session is the right one for the 2018 Traffic Safety Conference.
- Be informative. Keep the audience in mind: they’re technical, professional, and will easily detect a marketing pitch.
- Be engaging. Be bold and creative in your exploration of a topic. Audience members enjoy stories about what went wrong, what went right, how you used a strategy, and the practicality of applying approaches to traffic safety.
If You Are Selected to Present:
Presenters will be notified about their proposal status via email. Based on the number of proposals submitted, you may be given a shorter time slot than you requested. WTSC expects that you will revise your presentation to fit the actual assigned time slot.
To make the conference information accessible to individuals who cannot attend the conference, Traffic Safety Conference sessions may be audio- or video-recorded and made available to the public after the conference. Acceptance of a session proposal in response to this Call for Presentations establishes your acceptance of this requirement and conveys your permission to record your session if it is selected.
If You Are Not Selected to Present:
We recognize that, due to the small number of slots available, we likely will not be able to grant all requests for presentation. We will notify you by email if your proposal was not selected for presentation.
Please contact Myke Gable at WTSC with any questions about this process at email@example.com.