We assist law enforcement agencies throughout Washington by providing funding for traffic safety law enforcement equipment.
We also provide grants for equipment such as radar and rain gear that is used for enforcing school zones and keeping kids safe on their way to and from school.
You may apply for equipment grants through the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs (WASPC). Visit the WASPC website for more information.
Law Enforcement Grants for School Zones
Law enforcement agencies writing school zone tickets under RCW 46.61.440 are eligible for grants for police equipment used to enforce school zone traffic laws.
Approved for funding : Radars, LIDARs, speed feedback signs, and heavy weather gear for motorcycle enforcement.
NOT Approved for funding : Motor vehicles (cars), motorcycles, cargo trailers, SECTOR equipment, maintenance expenses, and additional warranties.
Send an email to email@example.com that includes:
- Your contact name, contact email address, contact phone number, agency name, and agency mailing address.
- A description of the equipment you wish to purchase.
- A price quote for the equipment.
- A brief description of how this equipment will enhance school zone safety.
- An infraction log (included at the end of this notice) or SECTOR report with the appropriate number of school zone NOIs for your request. Infractions may be no older than 12 months from the date of your request.
Upon approval, you will receive your approval documents via email explaining the purchase procedure and how to apply for reimbursement.