You can apply at any time for funding for small traffic safety projects.
- Washington state agencies
- Federally recognized tribal governments
- Washington cities, counties, and their sub- local agencies
- Non-profit organizations with existing IRS 501c(3) status
We fund projects up to $1,000.
What’s typically funded?
Projects that address priority areas in the current Target Zero: The Plan (pdf5 mb). Most of them involve:
- Implementation of traffic safety strategies
- Public education campaigns
- Equipment or materials
- Training or travel
You can apply for a mini grant at any time.
How to apply
To apply, send a letter or email to the program manager who oversees the area for your request. The letter should include:
- A description of your project
- The cost of your project
- A brief description of how this project will enhance traffic safety