Region 8 Target Zero Manager
Bio: Sara Wood is a Research and Development Analyst for the Kent Police Department. She is responsible for writing and managing the department’s grant programs, social media pages and coordinates traffic safety programming for 15 south King County police agencies in region 8. She graduated from University of Washington with degrees in Society and Justice and Sociology and received her MPA from Seattle University in 2008.
Sara manages the King County Target Zero Task Force with Rebecca Lis (Region 7 – North King County).
Traffic safety priorities for region:
- Impaired driving prevention
- Distracted Driving Prevention
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety
List of 5 projects/activities done in your region:
- King County Cell Phone Distraction Prevention Project
- King County Child Death Review
- Seattle Vision Zero
- Data Driven Approaches to Crime and Traffic Safety (DDACTS)
- Target Zero Teams