Region 15 Target Zero Manager
Bio: Jana is a lifelong resident of Eastern Washington and grew up in Othello. She graduated from Eastern Washington University, obtaining her bachelor’s degrees in Communications and Public Relations in 2005. Since graduation, Jana has had over ten years of experience in the field of communications. She has worked in various companies performing both national and international communications initiatives.
Jana has a passion for serving her community with action and education. She believes in working hand in hand to help better people’s lives.
Traffic safety priorities for the region:
- Impaired Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Pedestrian Safety
Projects/activities planned for our region:
- Building partnerships to strengthen the Traffic Safety Coalition in Region 15 in support of our state’s Target Zero goal of zero fatalities and severe injuries resulting from preventable traffic crashes.
- Promoting safer and healthier communities.
- Traffic safety emphasis patrols using the High Visibility Enforcement (HVE) model of media and education followed by enforcement. Emphasis includes impaired driving, speeding, distracted driving, seatbelts, child passenger safety, and school zone safety.
- Child car seat checks and education in coordination with certified car seat technicians.
- Safe walking and biking programs.