Region 13 Target Zero Manager
Bio: A 2004 Gonzaga Graduate in Communications and Economics I am currently pursuing an MBA in Public Administration. Prior to working for the Washington State Traffic Safety Commission I worked in Law Enforcement support for 8 years. I am married to a law enforcement officer and we have three active boys. I also operate an online women’s clothing boutique. I am passionate about education, safety and proactive allocation of resources.
Traffic safety priorities for Region 13:
Region 13 is a large area with limited resources as far as hiring additional law enforcement due to low population in some areas. Primarily agriculture we see a lot of driving without licenses, insurance or education of the laws. Additionally, we have a majority of the Yakama Indian Reservation in our region.
List of 5 projects/activities done in your region:
- Child Passenger Safety Training and Public Inspections.
- Memorial Patrol for Russell Bartlett,
- Partnership with the Yakima Valley Pippins to educate fans, players and families.
- Partnership with local monolingual Spanish media for promotion of events and High Visibility Emphasis.
- Alderdale Rd Speed Project.