Bio: I have been the Target Zero Manager for 10 years. I grew up in Grays Harbor and come from a family of law enforcement. My father, a retired police lieutenant was my predecessor. He built a very successful program with strong ties to local police agencies and the community. I was honored when our Sheriff appointed me to continue building our local traffic safety program. I have 2 children and enjoy family time, hiking and our 2 dogs.
Traffic safety priorities for region: Region 2 prioritizes DUI and distracted driving as the leading traffic safety issues locally. There is also a strong focus on seatbelt use, child passenger safety and boating safety through community outreach, education, and enforcement.
List of 5 projects/activities done in your region:
- A tri county border to border emphasis patrol.
- Developed traffic safety educational curriculum for elementary age students.
- Work with high school student groups on a variety of peer led safe driving projects.
- Demonstrate the effects of impaired driving on a controlled course using our golf cart and goggles.
- Present on the effects of DUI on a federal, state and local level to partners, civic groups, local college, and the victims impact panel.